Covid 19 Cuba
In correspondence with the international and national epidemiological situation of COVID-19 and the immunisation levels achieved, it has been decided to make the following modifications to the requirements for entry into the country as part of the International Health Check.
According to Francisco Durán García, National Director of Epidemiology at Minsap(Cuba), the relaxation measures will take effect starting on 6 April 2022.
- It will no longer be required for entry into the country to present a negative test certificate for COVID-19 (antigen test or PCR-RT) which had to be carried out in the country of origin; also, there is no need to present an anti-COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
- Sampling for SARS CoV-2 (free of charge) will be maintained randomly from travellers at entry points into the country, considering the number of flights, entry of vessels and the epidemiological risk posed by the country of origin.
- If the sample taken at the point of entry is positive, it will be tested according to the protocols approved in the country for the clinical-epidemiological control of COVID-19.
- All safety measures at all entry points into the country ensure that social distancing and disinfection of hands and surfaces are maintained.
- Mandatory use of face masks is maintained at all entry points into the country.
Information obtained from Cuba Health Ministry https://salud.msp.gob.cu/nota-informativa-del-ministerio-de-salud-publica-5/
Please note that you will need to get a Cuban Tourist Card before travelling to Cuba