Essential Requirements for Traveling to Cuba
To travel to Cuba, make sure to prepare the following:
- Cuban Tourist Card: Apply for your Cuban Tourist Card online. Ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months from your travel date to Cuba and three months from your departure date from Cuba.
- Travel Insurance: Obtain travel insurance that includes coverage for medical assistance in Cuba. You can choose any insurance provider as long as they cover Cuba. For example, Staysure provides travel insurance for Cuba; contact Staysure for more information.
- If you have insurance through your bank, contact them to confirm their policies cover Cuba.
- Accommodation: Book your first night’s accommodation before you arrive in Cuba.
- Flights: Arrange your flights in and out of Cuba.
- Advance Passenger Information Form: Complete the Advance Passenger Information form (also known as the Health Declaration form) online within 48 hours before you arrive in Cuba. Access the form here: https://dviajeros.mitrans.gob.cu/inicio (note: we don’t manage this page). We recommend using Browser Google Chrome.
- You will need a few extra bits of information to fill out the above form, one being the province where your hotel or Casa is. Please check the entire hotel or casa address as it will tell you; for example: if you have a hotel in Varadero, this belongs to the province of Matanzas.
- Another helpful tip to fill out the Advanced Passenger Information form is to fill in only what you need, no institution number, for example, if you are going on holiday.
Please note that this information applies to tourists departing from the UK or EU countries. Please refer to this page for passengers travelling via or from the USA.
This Essential requirement for Traveling to Cuba could be overlooked, so please, follow this information for a smooth trip.
For up-to-date information, check the FCO Travel Advice page. For additional information about travelling to Cuba, please read our frequently asked questions on Cuba travel.